September 10, 2024

Beauty of Prayer

“And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.” John 14:13-14

The beauty of prayer is that it depends on Jesus Christ, His name, His character, His righteousness, not our own. It is not our works, our ability to use the right formula of phrases or proper posture that makes prayer work. It is faith in the Lord Jesus Christ that under-girds the promise of God to answer our heart cries to our Heavenly Father.

Our Lord desires to bless us that we would reflect gratitude back toward Him and before others around us as a testimony of God’s goodness. As our prayers are answered we have opportunity to declare God’s power to others through that testimony.

Let’s pray today more than we have, trusting in the name of Jesus Christ.