July 4, 2024

More Like God

“This third I will put into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, ‘They are my people,’ and they will say, ‘The Lord is our God.‘”  Zechariah 13:9

There is a people of God who call upon the Lord and whom the Lord recognizes as His own. Not necessarily a people by membership in a church, but who have been born again by the blood of Lamb, who have heard Him through answers of prayer, through conviction of the Bible, in fellowship with other followers of Christ Jesus. God’s people are more like God than the world around them.

The people of God are often refined by the fires of tribulation and in that testing, like metal in the refiner’s fire, are made pure. It is easy to give praise to the Lord in our times of plenty, but it is in the trials that our character is shaped more like Christ.

Let’s pray today that we will faithfully show the world the character of God in us.